Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tutorial Five: Video Production Sessions

Youtube is an online video community that lets its members upload and view videos. Membership is free; To upload a video you have to sign but to view majority of the videos does not need membership. Videos consists of personal diaries, music videos, animations, information clips etc. Youtube is a community in that it lets its members not only upload videos but also rate and comment on videos such creating a sense of community. Youtube also creates instant sensations when a video is seen all over the world accumulating millions of hits/views. Below is a video of some of the most popular videos compiled together.


In my fieldwork, I worked in a pediatric setting. One of the children I worked with had autism and I did not know much about that. One of the first things I learnt was about sensory integration. The video below explains children and sensory integration.

Video 1:



Video 2: Gymnastics as sensory integration




Video 3: Weighted Belts and Sensory Integration





Video 4: Demonstration of an Autistic child feeling sand as a way to calm his senses.





Video 5: Information on Sensory Integration Disorder, which is helpful for people to understand.



2 comments:

  1. This looks like really interesting Fatuma. Is this what you did on fieldwork or is it an interest you have to get in to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, For my fieldwork I went to a pediatric setting. That is where I got to learn Austism and sensory integration. I found it quite interesting :)

    ReplyDelete